Zadar, Croatia (March 29, 2007) -- Well, I've stumbled into some kind of all-inclusive resort compound. I'm not sure what to make of it.
Before I left Split, I search for cheap hotels and this place was the cheapest -- 86 euros a night. Sold.
The name of it is the Falkensteiner, which is German for the strange people's place.
It's a massive compound outside of town with a huge, twisting water slide, several restaurants, a couple of pools, a workout area and a couple of bars.
My room has a huge main bedroom and another room with bunk beds. I might sleep in the bunk beds just because it's a been while since I've done that.
I'm not sure what kind of people would purposely visit such a place. Judging from the couple walking around in white robes, I'm guessing honeymooners. And also families. Earlier, there was a baby at the bar.
If that rings off note to your ears, it's because it should. That is blasphemy, plain and simple and on multiple levels.
I was going to go out tonight to hit the bars because the university of Zadar is near the old town. But I've decided that this place is much more interesting.
Also, I never made it to Dubrovnik because one of my real estate sources told me that would involve a boring -- and no doubt dangerous -- four hour drive from Split. That would have been too much driving tomorrow since I have to be in Zagreb tomorrow night in order to catch a morning flight on Saturday.
So now it's time for some all-inclusive fun.
Limbo!
Take care,
Brett