PARIS, April 23 - A strange thing happened during this
journey without me even realizing it; I can now tell
American tourists from natives or even other tourists.
I don't know how I acquired this ability, but, if it
means anything else, I now get confused with a local
more often. Strange.
It really freaks out Americans when I automatically
speak English to them. "How did he know?" you can see
them wondering.
It is nice to be back in my favorite city. I now see
why Jimmy Buffet, Andre 3000 and Ernest Hemingway have
all praised this city. I can't really put my finger on
why, it is just the total package of what is nice
about life - laid back, nice scenery and great food.
There must have been, after all, a reason why the
Nazis held back from vandalizing this city like all
the other when they invaded.
On to Amsterdam in two days and then a flight home to
the land of Bluegrass, Mint Juleps and big hats.
Take care,
Brett
P.S. - The Tan Teton scored a direct hit this morning
when he caused what feels like a pinched nerve in my
shoulder. Results to be announced shortly.